JESSE VOGEL 2016 SELF-EVALUATION
busiest sports year in all the time i’ve been doing sports (long time)
• CES E-league traveled to VEGAS to support crews and provide elements for NBA studio crew remote show
• new NBA on TNT logo (re-delivered all regular season elements w new logo)
• all-star 2016 (redesign.) and traveled to TOR to support crews
• NCAA march madness 2016 (redesign.) and traveled to HOU to support crews
• NBA playoffs
• MLB (redesign.) pitched and won MLB on TBS packaging shot elements here at studios
• MLB postseason
• NBA regular season/opening night in CLE
• began work on 2017 NBA All-Star (traveled to NOLA to VFX supervise the shoot elements 6k/48fps scenics)
• nbatv OPEN COURT throughout the year
• cut “shzzle reels” for client to accompany presentations of different packages (would be happy to provide reference)
• re-organized naming convention for elements to include a numeric system to make things more organized from our side all the way through the broadcast crews on the trucks
• won EMMY for NBA All-star NYC In-game broadcast design graphics
• support of E-league and NCAA volleyball design packaging
the quality of the above speaks for itself..
that doesn’t even include getting moved between groups back to CS/DVFX, putting up with construction, having our macs re-imaged, helping to create style guides for MLB and NBA, leading the graphic delivery meetings both in the training lab and through gotomeeting app and working with the engineers to provide feedback on systems.. oh, became a member of the tech lead workflow group, which i am looking forward to.. first meeting was great.
expanded the family and welcomed Nova in august.
this year was a total blur.
thought i would put this to a song that came out in 2016 that i was into.
as far as next year (2017) goes i can only imagine it will continue to be more of the same pace.